BWAY Corporation Engineer, Process in LaGrange, Georgia
BWAY - Mauser is one of the largest manufacturers of metal, plastic, and fiber containers in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach (50 plants throughout North America)*_have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. This position is based in our LaGrange, GA location._*
The Process Engineerprovides technical process support to the production operation. The position is necessary to ensure continuous process improvement and growth within the molding operations. This position will provide engineering support, for plants and corporate programs, encompassing: productivity improvements, standardization of processes & manufacturing methods, business expansion of new product lines, installation and start-up of new equipment and introduction of new products.
- Assist in SPC systems development and implementation.
- Assist in developing and updating preventative maintenance of molds and machines. Working in conjunction with E&TS; and machine suppliers.
- Product and process improvement of existing operations.
- Provide ongoing technical support to plant operations to insure safety, productivity, quality and delivery performance for the plant.
- Assisting plant production and quality assurance in maintaining processes and maximizing machine performance, safety and quality.
- Evaluate and implement material advances in conjunction with E&TS.;
- Assist in component evaluation for new products and new product testing.
- Resource for mold and equipment repairs.
- Develop standard operating procedures for molding machines and related equipment.
- New mold and equipment installations.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- 5 plus years’ experience in related position in the molding industry with a preferred background in packaging manufacturing.
- Previous experience managing or leading technical projects required
- Desired attainment of nationally recognized certification in manufacturing engineering, such as AME or SME
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills. proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), SAP & Data Analysis (such as Minitab) experience a plus
- Ability to read blueprints; experience with utilizing 2D Auto Cad
- Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem solving skills
- Has the ability to multi-task, prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: LaGrange, GA
Job Type: Engineering, Manufacturing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 4/17/2018