Army Installation Management Command Laborer (Special Events), NA-02 in Fort Benning, Georgia
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is U.S. and Non U.S. Citizens. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is with the Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare, and Recreation; Business Operations Division; located at Various locations within Benning Conference Center.
Flexible positions will normally be scheduled 0-40 hours per week dependent upon the needs of the organization. There is no guaranteed number of hours for flexible positions.
Schedule will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position is a Flexible position and there are no benefit entitlements
Learn more about this agency
Responsible for providing operational support to a Community Conference Activity who provides support to our customers in various scheduled events and functions. Performs duties alone or as a member of a work crew. Responsible for conference room configuration, beginning with organizing tables, chairs, audio/video equipment from storage to actual setup of this furniture/equipment in accordance with established banquet/special event orders and breakdown and proper storage of this equipment in an efficient and organized manner. Loads and unloads equipment and furniture, moves materials using hand trucks or dollies; stacks and arranges for storage. Moves heavy items of furniture and office equipment as required for the applicable conference/meeting set up. Cleans work area such as carpets, etc. Cleans floors using heavy industrial-powered equipment. Adjusts, cleans, dusts and inserts batteries, etc,. in equipment. Washes and replaces conference room fixtures using ladders. Uses chemicals and cleaning solutions. Maintains stock of cleaning materials. Notifies supervisor when additional materials are needed.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE:
Manual skill to lift and move moderately heavy objects. Skill and knowledge to safely operate simple power equipment and hand tools (steam cleaners and vacuums). A basic knowledge is required of routine maintenance procedures for equipment. Skill in oral communication in order to understand user needs and to provide assistance. Ability to read and write in order to prepare required forms and follow written guidelines/instruction.
Works under general Supervision. The supervisor provides general instructions concerning work to be done and requirement of the overall work layout. Routine work is completed independently following proper safety procedures. Specific instructions are provided with new assignments. Completed work is reviewed for compliance with instructions and established practices. Is responsible for checking and performing simple maintenance on equipment. Maintenance repairs that require disassembly or realignment are reported to the supervisor.
Requires frequent lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds. Required to stand, walk, bend and kneel for lengthy periods of time.
Work is generally performed in a building that is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. However, some work may be performed outdoors. There is also some possibility of cuts and bruises to fingers while performing these tasks
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf). 2.Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j.
1.Three (3) months of laborering experience required. Must have the ability use, control and clean tools and power equipment used, and, ability to follow oral and/or written instructions involving duties with several distinct tasks or steps without constant supervision of each task assigned.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume (click hereto view form or copy this URL into your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf)
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 2PM on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
JICCPACNAF NAF Ft. Benning
EA-NAF-W6CRAA US ARMY GARRISON FT BENNING DO NOT MAIL Fort Benning, GA US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487927600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 01/04/2018 to 12/26/2018
Salary: $8.22 to $9.60 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 2
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Permanent