The Hughston Clinic Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner Full Time in Columbus, Georgia
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Position Goal: Assist in the care and treatment of patients as delegated by a physician. Position Responsibilities:
- Obtain a detailed patient history and record appropriate findings in the patient records.
- Complete a systematic and thorough physical examination.
- Order, perform, and schedule, when appropriate, diagnostic studies.
- Assist supervising physician in management of hospitalized patients (with concurrent hospital approval for such a role) plus: check on clinical status of patient, explain tests or therapy, report on progress to physician, check on report of studies, assist in documentation of care, within limits of hospital regulations, transfer copies of hospital data to office records when appropriate, arrange for post hospitalization follow-up care, assist in surgery, and make rounds when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by supervising physician.
Experience:One (1) year experience in orthopaedics preferred Education: Education: Masters degree from a regionally accredited PA or NP program; candidates who expect to obtain their Master’s degree within 6 months will also be considered. Special Qualifications: NCCPA Board Certification or NP Board certified. Must maintain CPR certification. GA License required. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must be in good standing.
Title: Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner Full Time
Department: Physician Assisting
Location: Columbus, GA